Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Jump-starting!

OK, I've been out of the loop for a while, with some excuses, but mostly just lost momentum.

Excuses: New pets, Bat Mitzvah, private school applications, multiple flus this winter.....

So I have to look at my schedule, and see what the objectives are and how I can best meet them right now.

1.  When I get up, I take out the dog for a run, so I don't get to eat breakfast until my husband leaves for work at 8:30
2. I have a private math student on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so on those days I have to plan something short and/or be really on schedule to finish in time
3. With the nice weather, I want to spend time outside a lot
4. We have a zoo membership!
5. Haven't gone swimming lately, gotta get back into that.  Need new bathing suit....
6. M's artwork is incredible, would be great to work in some museum time, or some other structure for him to develop it.
7. Not reading enough books lately.  Maybe do library day, too?
8. M has classes on Monday 3-4:30pm and Wednesday 4:20-6:10

How is this:

9am circle time, followed by reading each day.

Monday: Math lesson after lunch
Tuesday: Zoo, museum or other excursion, followed by journaling: pictures with captions
Wednesday: Playground time
Thursday: Swimming 11-1
Friday: Make challah (get dough ready Thursday night)


No comments:

Post a Comment