Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hanukah - Sevivon Sov Sov Sov

Haven't been blogging, but have certainly been working and learning!

On this 4th day of Hanukah, I suggested to M that we can make our own sevivon (dreidl).  He was quite excited about the idea. I took a piece of heavy cardstock, and showed him how I use a ruler to make 2 straight parallel lines:
 

I also showed him how I mark off every 2 inches on each line, then connect them to make the squares. We then counted them off to show the even numbers 2, 4, 6, 8.

Then we made the triangles,  by first measuring off the vertices on the odd numbers: 1, 3, 5, 7.  M then wanted to practice connecting the dots with the ruler himself:






I made the stems,  and then we got markers to copy the letters from the "real" sevivon:



Of course, the colors must match!  We went over what the letters stand for several times: Nes Gadol Haya Sham:



Finally, it was time to cut out the whole template:




And here he is, singing "Sevivon, Sov, Sov, Sov!" with his very own Sevivon:


Chag Sameach!















No comments:

Post a Comment